Prof. Dr. Victoria Büsch,
President of SRH Hochschule Berlin
Prof. Dr. Büsch studied economics at Christian-Albrechts-University in Kiel and at Humboldt University in Berlin. Already during this time she developed her interest for the topic of population and population dynamics. In 2004, following a two year employment in the Human Resource Department at Samsung, she completed her dissertation on the subject “Three Essays on Age Discrimination in Hiring Process”. Upon completion of her thesis she was awarded „magna cum laude“. In 2005, Victoria Büsch began lecturing at SRH Hochschule Berlin and in 2006 she was appointed as professor. Since 2010 she holds office as Vice President of Research.
Dr. Büsch conducts research in the field of demography and human resource
management via analysis of demographic change in respect of enterprise management. Age discrimination when recruiting older employees, employee motivation and the identification of promotive framework conditions for an extended working life are the primary research focus.
Membership of Professional Bodies (selection)
- ddn (Das Demographie Netzwerk) - member of the executive board
- Deutschlands Arbeitgebermarken - academic advisory council
- TOP (Transition and old age potential) - cooperation member
- FNA (Forschungsnetzwerk Alterssicherung der Deutschen Rentenversicherung) - member
- DGD (Deutsche Gesellschaft Demographie e.V.) - member