Applicants to our Bachelor programmes should have an international and intercultural orientation.
They need to have either a German Abitur, Fachabitur or an international Baccalaureate Diploma or a corresponding qualification of eligibility as an entrance qualification for university.
The entire degree is held either in German or in English. All applicants must prove sufficient linguistic proficiency in order to participate successfully in the degree.
Proof for the English programme will be accepted as follows:
- TOEFL 87 ibt
- IELTS (Academic): minimum score of 6.5 (minimum of 6.0 in all skills)
- TOEIC Listening/Reading 785, Speaking 160, Writing 150 (all 4 skills required)
- CAE (Grade A, B or C)
- CPE (Grade A, B or C)
- Pearson English Test Academic (PTE-A): 59 points
Native speakers, applicants in whose country of origin English is the official language, or applicants with a school leaving certificate/ university degree from an English speaking country or a school leaving certificate with English as the language of instruction (e.g. an IB certificate) can be exempted upon request. Requests for such an exemption should be submitted by e-mail and reasons should be explained in detail. Test results must be no more than 24 months old. All documents will be reviewed.
In addition, verbal skills will be tested in a personal or telephone interview with a lecturer from the English programme.
Proof for the German programme will be accepted as follows:
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber (DSH) at level 2
- TestDaf (German as foreign language) at level 4.
or equivalent official exams:
- Abitur (or equivalent) from a German School outside Germany
- Goethe certificate C1 and C2 or Telc C1 and C2 (minimum grade of 2/ gut)
- Language diploma of the standing committee of the German Ministers of Culture (level II/ DSDII, C1 in all skills)
- Final examination of the „Studienkolleg“, exam part: German
The test results must be no more than 24 months old and the exam must be completed with a minimum grade of “gut”. All documents will be reviewed.
Application to the Bachelor programmes at SRH Hochschule Berlin can be made either online (see application form on the right side) or by sending us filled and signed hardcopies of the online application by mail.
Admission to the programmes is based on both national admission regulations and on personally conducted selection interviews. During the applicant evaluation process, we do not only take language skills, cognitive skills and academic performance into account, but also students’ personalities and distinctive experiences.
The university will use this information during the selection procedure, which is performed by a selection committee. The committee is composed of faculty professors, as well as SRH University Berlin student representatives. The final selection decision will be made by the graduate programme director based on the recommendations given by the selection committee.
Of course, all of your application data will be kept outmost confidential and will not be shared with third parties.
Would you like some more information about our study programmes?
You want to study at the SRH Hochschule Berlin?