ERASMUS for your guest lectures
In order to strengthen not only its international profile, but also the relationship with current and prospective partner universities, SRH Hochschule Berlin supports its faculty and staff members in finding and implementing teaching opportunities abroad. We provide ERASMUS-funding for many of these stays.
ERASMUS-supports guest lectureships at European partner institutions, staff visits from foreign enterprises at German universities as well as professional development opportunities for academic and professional services staff at European universities and enterprises.
Following Persons are entitled to receive support:
- Professors and lecturers that have a contractual relationship to the university
- Lecturers / contract teachers
- Emeritus professors and retired lecturers, as long as they are still teaching
- Research assistants
All partner-universities, in EU plus Mazedonien (FYROM), Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Turkey.
Please note: Lectures who plan to teach abroad in the country of their permanent residence are not eligible to participate in the ERASMUS-programme.
Length of Mobility:
Teaching Staff Mobility within Europe lasts between two days and two months (travel time is not included); for each stay or each week eight hours of teaching are at least required. For a mobility period exceeding a full week (5 working days), the minimum number of teaching hours per extra day is calculated as: 8 hours divided by 5, multiplied by the number of extra days. The result will be rounded.
Eligible forms of teaching:
Seminars, lectures, speech, tutorials, Tutorien, supervision of doctoral students etc., with the need for a physical presence. Online presentations are not allowed.
The amount of the ERASMUS grant 2018/2019:
In addition to these daily rates, traveling expenses depending on real distances between starting and final destination are given. These are calculated with the help of a special tool, the distance calculator. Depending on the distance, the following amounts are reimbursed per visit:
Distance is calculated between start and end location of the mobility
< 100 km
Travel Distance Amount
|100 – 499 km||180 EUR|
|500 – 1.999 km||275 EUR|
|2.000 – 2.999 km||360 EUR|
|3.000 – 3.999 km||530 EUR|
|4.000 – 7.999 km||820 EUR|
|8.000 km and more||1.500 EUR|
The amount of the ERASMUS grant 2018/2019 per month (30 Tage):
- 180 EUR: Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Luxemburg, Sweden, United Kingdom
- 160 EUR: Belgium, Germany, France, Greece, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Cypress, Italy, Malta, Austria
- 140 EUR: Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Macedonia (FYROM), Poland, Rumania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Czech Republic, Croatia, Turkey
The grant will be paid in two installments:
- 70% in the beginning
- 30% after the completion of the mobility
More details will be provided in the ERASMUS-Grant Agreement which each participant will receive once selected for an ERASMUS- grant. The ERASMUS-programme is not designed to cover the entire cost of the mobility, but rather the additional expenses which are associated with it. It is up to the participant, however, to request additional funding from suitable sources, or to supplement the expenses with his/her own funds.
Special needs grant:
Lectures can get a support for special needs with disabilities of at least 30 GdB.
Insurance coverage: You are obligated to arrange for sufficient insurance coverage on your own and at your own cost. Participation in the ERASMUS-program does not include health insurance, liability insurance or any other kind of insurance. Neither the European Commission, nor the National Agency (DAAD) or SRH Hochschule Berlin can be held liable for any illness, death, accident, injury, loss or damage that may be caused during or as a result of your ERASMUS+ stay abroad. It is recommended that you check with your insurance companies to see if your existing coverage is sufficient or may be extended accordingly. As an ERASMUS+ student, you also have the option to register for the DAAD group insurance which provides extensive coverage. Detailed information is available from the insurance department of the DAAD (Tel.: + 49(0)228/882-294, firstname.lastname@example.org or https://www.daad.de/versicherung/de/.
Before your Mobility:
- Please get in touch with the International Office, Elisa Barth: email@example.com
- Check your eligibility (see info sheet)
- Speak with your supervisior (see business trip guideline)
- Please get in touch with (potential) ERASMUS-partner universities direct or through the International Office
- Check your Visa
- Submit your business trip application
Please submit your fully completed and duly signed initial ERASMUS-documents to the International Office at SRH Hochschule Berlin, to Elisa Barth: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Mobility Agreement – Teaching with all three signatures
- Grant Agreement - page 1
At the beginning of your guest lecture:
- take a lot of pictures
- Please let the confirmation letter sign on the last day of your mobility from the partner university