Apply for an Erasmus+ grant
Funded by the European Union, the Erasmus- programme supports cooperations between higher education institutions across Europe.
The International Office at SRH Hochschule Berlin applies for the Erasmus- funds through the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), which acts as the National Agency for EU Higher Education Cooperation. SRH Hochschule Berlin has been participating in the Erasmus- programme since 2006, offering its students, faculty and staff the chance to study, lecture and train at its Erasmus- partner universities and to receive financial funds for their stay abroad.
Please note that SRH Hochschule Berlin is obliged by the DAAD/EU Commission to collect personal data from all Erasmus- participants in order to create source and disposition statements for the EU Commission. In doing so, we comply with the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). By signing the Erasmus- Grant Agreement, you acknowledge and agree to this procedure.
For more information please the following websites:
General FAQs about the Erasmus grant
Once nominated to study, lecture or training at an Erasmus- partner university, outgoers will receive an email from the International Office with all relevant application information including the application deadline. The required application documents are to find in the dowanload center below or can found in Moodle course International Office.
We make a strong effort to provide Erasmus- funding for every outgoing Erasmus-student, intern, guest lecturer and staff member. Since the budget is limited, however, this may not always be possible. If the number of Erasmus- outgoers exceeds the available funds, not all participants may receive funding. The mobility period may also be divided into a grant period and a zero grant period.
Students studying abroad:
Should our Erasmus- budget not be sufficient to provide all eligible outgoing students with an Erasmus- stipend, you will be subject to a selection process. The following selection criteria will be applied in the following order:
- Deadline: Timely application to participate in the study abroad programme and submission of the initial Erasmus- documents
- Previous Participation: Erasmus- applications of students who have never before received an ERASMUS+/ERASMUS LLP stipend will be treated with a higher priority
- Citizenship: Erasmus- applications of students who will study abroad in a country other than the country of their citizenship will be treated with a higher priority (Please note: students who plan to study abroad in the country of their permanent residence are not eligible to participate in the Erasmus- programme)
- Academic Performance: Erasmus- applications of students with a high grade point average will be treated with a higher priority
Professors, lecturers and staff lecturing or training abroad:
As far as funding for lecturers and staff members goes, mobilities which - aside from the guest lecture or staff training program - include activities of the following nature will be treated with a higher priority when distributing the funds:
- Development of new teaching materials
- Establishment of a cooperation between the receiving institution and SRH Hochschule Berlin, especially with regards to research, development, thesis and/or company projects
The grant will be paid in two installments:
- 70% in the beginning
- 30% after the completion of the mobility
More details will be provided in the Erasmus- Grant Agreement which each participant will receive once selected for an Erasmus- grant.
The Erasmus- programme is not designed to cover the entire cost of the mobility, but rather the additional expenses which are associated with it. It is up to the participant, however, to request additional funding from suitable sources, or to supplement the expenses with his/her own funds. The amount of the Erasmus- grant awarded to each participating student, lecturer and staff member depends on the following factors:
- Your host country
- The kind of exchange you are participating in (study, intern, lecture, etc.)
- The exact length of your programme abroad
- Your funding period (grant period and/or zero grant period)
- The number of Erasmus- outgoer of the respective academic year
- The Erasmus- budget that was approved for SRH Hochschule Berlin
- If applicable, funding for special needs (for participants with disabilities and students with children)
Only those participants who were selected to receive an Erasmus- grant and who adhere to all Erasmus- rules and regulations are entitled to receive the minimum grant amount. The following pre-determined, minimum grant amounts - as regulated by the European Commission and the DAAD - apply:
Erasmus- Funding for Study Abroad:
|Group||Country||Erasmus- grant per month|
|Group 1 (higher cost of living)||Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland, Luxemburg||Minimum of 420 EUR|
|Group 2 (medium cost of living)||Belgium, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Cyprus, France, Austria||Minimum of 360 EUR|
|Group 3 (lower cost of living)||Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Macedonia (FYROM), Poland, Rumania, Croatia, Slovakia, Hungary, Turkey, Czech Republic||Minimum of 300 EUR|
Erasmus- Funding for Internships Abroad:
The Erasmus- grant for internships is 100 Euro higher than the Erasmus- grants for study abroad.
Eramus- Funding for Lecturer and Staff Mobility Abroad:
|Single distance according to the distance calculator||Allowance for travel per participant (round trip)|
|10 - 99 km||20 EUR|
|100 – 499 km||180 EUR|
|500 – 1.999 km||275 EUR|
|2.000 – 2.999 km||360 EUR|
|3.000 – 3.999 km||530 EUR|
|4.000 – 7.999 km||820 EUR|
|8.000 km and more||1.500 EUR|
Individual Support for Lecturer and Staff Mobility Abroad:
|Destination||Individual support per day and participant|
|Day 1-14 of the mobility period (excluding travel days)||Day 15-60 of the mobility period (excluding travel days)|
|Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Iceland, Luxemburg||180 EUR||126 EUR|
|Belgium, Greece, Croatia, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Cyprus, France, Austria||160 EUR||112 EUR|
|Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Macedonia (FYROM), Poland, Rumania, Croatia, Slovakia, Hungary, Turkey, Czech Republic||140 EUR||98 EUR|