Apply for a scholarship to study abroad in a European or non-European country. For study stays in other European countries, the following applies: Funding by PROMOS is possible if ERASMUS funding is excluded. Please make a note of this in your application, if applicable, and submit the relevant supporting documents.
Study abroad is supported for between three and six months. The selection committee reserves the right to individually determine the duration of funding according to the available funds in order to be able to support more students. Should PROMOS funds become available at a later date, students can be subsequently sponsored according to their ranking.
The monthly scholarship rates are between 300-500 € per month depending on the destination country, a flat-rate travel allowance may be granted at a later date. The payment will be made in two instalments shortly after the beginning of the stay and after the end of the stay. The subsidies are as set by the DAAD for PROMOS.
How to apply for a PROMOS scholarship for studying
For your application, please submit the following documents in a PDF file by email (incomplete applications will not be considered). Please note further explanations on the application (will be available in English shortly):
- application form
- curriculum vitae in tabular form
- meaningful letter of motivation (max. 2 pages, German or English)
- transcript of records (from CampusNet, current study programme)
- matriculation certificate (from CampusNet)
- certificate of the working language and, if different from the working language, of the national language. If the national language is not mastered at all, at least proof of sufficient knowledge of English and the working language is required. Certificates from language schools are not sufficient.
- informal academic letter of recommendation for the scholarship from a university lecturer or doctoral research assistant providing information on your qualifications. Please submit the letter in a closed and sealed envelope; it can alternatively be submitted as a scan by email by the reviewer.
- internship commitment or contract with the following information: exact start and end dates of the internship, working hours per week, key job description, remuneration if applicable.
The application deadline for internships is bimonthly to 28.02., 30.04., 30.06., 31.08. and 31.10.2019; you can also apply retroactively, but must have submitted the application before you have completed your internship. If more applications are submitted than funds are available, a ranking list of applications will be created and proportionately funded, should funds become available again.
After the internship you submit a report to the International Office, which will be published on the SRH website in compliance with the DSVO regulations. The report is between 800 and 1500 words long and contains at least two photos and/or one or two short videos. Alternatively, a short text with a longer video (min. 3 minutes) or a detailed blog can be submitted.