What is the ESS?
The Entrepreneurial Success Space (ESS) unites all Entrepreneurship activities at SRH Hochschule Berlin. ESS represents the interconnections between the different units
✔ Master Programme Entrepreneurship,
✔ SRH-Start-up-Lab Berlin,
✔ Grenke Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies
and the potential this creates for supporting entrepreneurs. Each unit has a different focus, based on its area of responsibility, but they all have in common that they are striving to reach the same joint objective at SRH Hochschule Berlin.
What are the benefits of the ESS?
- We offer a creative networking space and bring together entrepreneurs, business people, researchers, creative people, coaches, mentors, teachers and make them interact for new entrepreneurial projects.
- We help future entrepreneurs in the search for ideas, investors and profits from their ideas. We help them reach their goal - Success in the entrepreneurial world!
- Offering a unique combination of executive and academic education, the ESS develops our students as individual entrepreneurs and as effective members of the start-up community and members of society as a whole.
The ESS consists of the following 3 units: 1 space - 3 units - endless synergies
Unit I: Entrepreneurship Programme
The Master of Arts Programme Entrepreneurship is a flexible, interdisciplinary and collaborative programme that allows students to research and blueprint new business models and develop skills for the 21st century (e.g. innovation and leadership skills).
Within the programme there are exciting possibilities of exchange with other entrepreneurship programmes: We offer summer or winter schools and – depending on the chosen track – short-term visits to other Entrepreneurship hotspots and access to investor conferences.
Why enrol in the Entrepreneurship Programme?
- The Entrepreneurship programme provides students with the academic competences necessary to be a life-long successful entrepreneur and tops off their academic career with a master’s degree.
- Likewise, we will hone their entrepreneurial skills and mindset. We help them acquire and deal with the practical knowledge that founders of a start-up need to have, such as web content development, business pitching techniques and leadership capabilities.
SRH Start-up Lab Berlin
The SRH-Start-up Lab Berlin offers a supportive environment for start-ups (for the three SRH campuses in Berlin). It makes resources available to early stage entrepreneurs and provides a mentoring platform.
Entrepreneurs have access to a collaborative co-working space, a start-up online-platform (provides information about other start-ups of the SRH universities) and networking events to connect with other entrepreneurs and individuals.
The exchange with other start-ups or start-up labs, additional education (e.g. about additive manufacturing, e-commerce-solutions, tourism & innovation, renewable energy, augmented reality, social entrepreneurship) and seminars on innovation are also services offered to students. The lab includes workshops on practical skills or trainings on how to make a pitch. It provides a platform for special Entrepreneurship activities for alumni – the Founders’ Forum and the Guest Speaker Corner.
The concept of the SRH Start-up Lab Berlin is made up of its three campuses: It combines the creativity of the hdpk, SRH Hochschule der populären Künste campus with the conceptual skills of the design akademie berlin, SRH Hochschule für Kommunikation und Design campus and the implementation abilities of the SRH Hochschule Berlin campus.
What are the advantages of the lab?
- Acting as a hub for creating new business solutions and equipped with new technologies (such as additive manufacturing), our Start-up-Lab provides founders a proving ground to gain experience in and fine-tune these skillsets and techniques.
- We coach, mentor and develop new business ventures and assist in putting them into action.
- It is a creative and supportive setting in which students can foster and grow their business ideas while experiencing an environment where inspiration flows from one start-up to another - start-ups that are in various stages of development.
Grenke Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies
The Grenke Centre identifies significant opportunities and challenges for entrepreneurs, carries out research into the skills needed in the 21st century (e.g. innovation and leadership) and transfers this knowledge into the Entrepreneurship Programme.
It fosters interdisciplinary research projects with other research institutes on entrepreneurship and passes this knowledge on to society at large. The centre organises exchanges with international research institutions worldwide and puts on regular public events for discussing entrepreneurial topics.
It is also involved in creating policies and strategies that will help develop an appropriate environment for the start-up scene in Germany.
Why choose a collaboration with us?
- With the mission to research and improve upon the many facets of entrepreneurship, the Grenke Centre for Entrepreneurial Studies helps establish contact with the different researchers of our university in order to become familiar with the relevant state-of-the-art.
- We identify new challenges and opportunities and give entrepreneurs and researchers impulses for new entrepreneurial trends. The centre will provide founders with the opportunity to network and to discuss their ideas with different potential stakeholders. Entrepreneurs will broaden their horizons for new developments both inside their future start-up and beyond.