GRENKE CENTRE FOR ENTREPRENEURIAL STUDIES
Tasks and Objectives
Thanks to Wolfgang Grenke, founder of GRENKE AG and Honorary Senator of SRH Hochschule Berlin, the GRENKE CENTRE has come to life.
The aim of the GRENKE CENTRE is to strengthen entrepreneurial research, and to enhance the science-based teaching at our universtiy. In addition, it will promote the transfer of academic findings into real business practice and thus will help start-ups to grow.
The board consists of well-known business people and scientists, founders of innovative companies and long-time friends of SRH Hochschule Berlin. The Advisory Board members support and give sustainable and future-oriented advice to the research institute:
- Wolfgang Grenke (founder, main shareholder and former chairman of GRENKE AG)
- Jörg Wilhelm (chairman of the supervisory board, Trusted Advisors; SRH Hochschule Berlin)
- Sebastian Hirsch (board member, Grenke Bank/Grenke Leasing)
- Bert Eichhorn (member of the University's Management, SRH Hochschule Berlin)
- Götz Werner (member of the supervisory board, dm Drogeriemarkt)
- Dominik Wörner (founder, insights Berlin/Tel Aviv)
- Ali Mostashari, (founder, lifenome, New York)
- Alfredo de Massis (Professor, University of Bolzano/University of Lancaster)
Prof. Dr. André Presse is the head of the GRENKE CENTRE and Professor of Entrepreneurship. Prior to his academic career, he served as Chief Economist for GLS Bank and as Manager at AUDI AG.
André Presse is a reviewer for several international journals and conferences such as Gründungsforschungsforum. André Presse is a founder and business angel and holds a PhD from Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT).