Institute of Service Management (IDM Dresden)
Vision & Mission
The Institute of Service Management is a dedicated research institute of the SRH Hochschule Berlin at Campus Dresden.
A special focus of our research approach is given to questions of the tourism industry as a major driver and the underlying understanding of its part in the service industry. Particularly, this includes companies in the hotel industry and in the broader hospitality industry. Since this sector is especially characterized by medium-sized companies, the majority of our projects are held within this context.
Nevertheless, small and large corporations benefit from our academic knowledge, too. This is irrespective of the age the company: Our project partners range from young start-ups to well established industry leaders.
The focus of our activities is aimed toward the long-term sustainability of these companies. In this respect, we explore elements of an innovation-friendly management approach. In addition, we are committed to a consciousness of sustainability.
Your first Contact Executive Director and Academic Director
Research Cooperations - Germany
- Dr. Judith Behrens (TU München)
- Prof. Dr. Jantje Halberstadt (Leuphana Universität Lüneburg)
- Dr. Boris U. Bauke (formerly University of Hannover)
- Dr. Uwe Gross (formerly University of St. Gallen)
- Arbeitskreis "Innovationsorientierte Unternehmensführung" im FGF e.V.
Research Cooperations - Abroad
- Benjamin E. Gräub (formerly University of St. Gallen)
- Matt Murphy (University of Victoria)
- Robert C. Wolcott (Kellogg School of Management)
- Lucius Gering (formerly University of St. Gallen)
- Katrin Burmeister-Lamp (Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University)
- Sabrina Artinger (University of Oxford’s Saïd Business School)
- Prof. Antonie Serra (Universidad de las Islas Baleares)
- Prof. Dr. Bong-Seok Kim (Kyung Hee University Seoul)