Bring your English to the next level
Fluency in English has become a necessary skill to successfully study and work in our globalised world. Get ready to study in English with our Pre-Study Course, improve your skills in our semester courses or develop your academic performance in a workshop.
Semester Courses English October 2019
Our semester courses are designed for students studying Business Administration, Communication Management or Marketing. Students can choose between courses on different levels. The courses focus on the acquisition of vocabulary and grammar by training and enhancing the students' core language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) as well as by introducing key concepts of Business English and job application procedures (job training, CV and interviews).
- Courses from level B2.1. with focus on Business English
- Learn with students from the SRH University Berlin.
- Date and time: Monday mornings and Wednesday afternoons, April - July 2019
- Exact times and available levels will be announced at the end of March.
- Course fee: 90 Euros
- Total hours of instruction: 63 lessons
- Placement: click on this online test. Please choose Level B1.
- Option to receive ECTS credits
Registrations for the upcoming semester will be open in August / September 2019.
English Pre-Study Course 2019
Learn English in Berlin with us! This Academic English language course has been designed to reach high educational standards. The skills taught in this Specialization will empower you to succeed in any college-level course or professional field. You’ll learn to conduct rigorous academic research and to express your ideas clearly in an academic format. This integrated skills course develops language and real academic skills essential for successful university studies across disciplines in an academic level.
Through our Academic English Pre-Study Course, students and adults will acquire the knowledge needed to enhance their actual English competences and improve them at an academic level. This English course is ideal for students who are about to start a study programme in English. In order to better manage the challenges of studying in English, students will become acquainted with scientific language and train their academic writing skills. Conversation is also an important component of this English course. Through small groups with engaged and motivated teachers, students will develop their English speaking skills and will gain confidence to be successful in their studies and to participate in campus life and even professionally.
- Intensive preparation course for prospective students of English-speaking programmes
- Date: 05.08-30.08.2019
- Course fee: 720 €
- Total hours of instruction: 75
- Requirements: TOEFL 84 – 86 ibt / IELTS (academic) = 6,0 / TOEIC ≥ 755 (Listening/Reading ≥ 755, Speaking ≥ 140, Writing ≥ 130) or equivalent.
- The course fee includes course materials as well as costs for registration and the course certificate
- Option to receive ECTS credits
What themes will be explored throughout this English course?
In order to improve the existing English knowledge from our students, different interesting and up to date themes will be explored such as; international markets, innovation and invention, entrepreneurial strategies and language and communication.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Understanding the key grammatical areas needed for successful essay writing and presentations.
- Improving the use of key strategies for academic writing and speaking, such as comparing and contrasting, arguing and persuading, talking about cause and effect, paraphrasing and summarising.
- Putting theory into practice with exercises which test student’s knowledge.
How will this English course prepare me for university?
Through this course the students will acquire the skills needed not only to express their ideas on their essays but also verbally with their comrades and teachers. The English course will help them expand their vocabulary and overall knowledge to help them in their university lives.
What type of materials will be used?
Our experienced teachers select and use the most appropriate resources and materials for you from well known institutions such as Cambridge and Oxford.