Bring your English to the next level
Fluency in English has become a necessary skill to successfully study and work in our globalised world. Get ready to study in English with our Pre-Study Course, improve your skills in our semester courses or develop your academic performance in a workshop.
Semester Courses English April 2020
Our semester courses are designed for students studying Business Administration, Communication Management or Marketing. Students can choose between courses on different levels. The courses focus on the acquisition of vocabulary and grammar by training and enhancing the students' core language skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening) as well as by introducing key concepts of Business English and job application procedures (job training, CV and interviews).
- Courses from level B2.1. with focus on Business English
- Learn with students from the SRH University Berlin.
- Date and time: Monday mornings and Wednesday afternoons, from April 2020 until July 2020.
- Exact times and available levels will be announced at the end of March.
- Course fee: 90 Euros
- Total hours of instruction: 63 lessons
- Placement: click on this online test. Please choose Level B1.
- Option to receive ECTS credits
Registrations for the upcoming semester will be open in January 2020.
Tuesdays 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursdays 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Room: Main Building 112
What themes will be explored throughout this English course?
In order to improve the existing English knowledge from our students, different interesting and up to date themes will be explored such as; international markets, innovation and invention, entrepreneurial strategies and language and communication.
What are the learning outcomes?
- Understanding the key grammatical areas needed for successful essay writing and presentations.
- Improving the use of key strategies for academic writing and speaking, such as comparing and contrasting, arguing and persuading, talking about cause and effect, paraphrasing and summarising.
- Putting theory into practice with exercises which test student’s knowledge.
How will this English course prepare me for university?
Through this course the students will acquire the skills needed not only to express their ideas on their essays but also verbally with their comrades and teachers. The English course will help them expand their vocabulary and overall knowledge to help them in their university lives.
What type of materials will be used?
Our experienced teachers select and use the most appropriate resources and materials for you from well known institutions such as Cambridge and Oxford.